On the occasion of the 78th National Day of Vietnam (September 2, 1945 - 2023), the United Nations Secretary-General, leaders of the Kingdom of Thailand, Brunei Darussalam, Japan, the Republic of Korea (RoK), the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Australia, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, the Netherlands, Canada, Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, and the New Azerbaijan Party, extended congratulations to leaders of the Party and State of Vietnam.
|On the occasion of the 78th National Day of Vietnam (September 2, 1945 - 2023), many foreign leaders extended congratulations to l leaders of the Party and State of Vietnam.
* In his congratulatory message to Vietnamese State President Vo Van Thuong, UN Secretary-General Antonia Guterres stressed, that the UN highly appreciated the role and contributions by Vietnam to common efforts in handling global challenges. He also expressed his belief that Vietnam will continue to cooperate with the UN towards building a more beautiful, peaceful and prosperous future.
* Thai King Maha Vajiralongkorn Phra Vajiraklaochaoyuhua extended congratulations to President Vo Van Thuong and Thai Prime Minister sent a congratulatory message to Vietnamese Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh.
Leaders of Thailand highly valued the strategic partnership between the two countries over the past 10 years and expressed their delight at the strong development and expansion of bilateral cooperation in all important fields. Thai leaders also affirmed that they will continue to cooperate more closely with Vietnam in all important fields, contributing to the benefits and development of each country, as well as the stability and prosperity of the region.
* Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei Darussalam offered congratulations to President Vo Van Thuong and Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh. In his messages, Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah expressed his appreciation for the valuable relationship with Vietnam based on mutual trust and understanding and believed that the comprehensive partnership between the two countries will continue to develop further for the common interests of the countries and their peoples, as well as for the development of a dynamic and sustainable ASEAN Community.
* Japanese Emperor Naruhito extended congratulations to President Vo Van Thuong.
* In his message of congratulations to President Vo Van Thuong, President of the RoK Yoon Suk Yeol expressed his pleasure at the strong development of the Vietnam – RoK relationship in all fields, after 30 years of their diplomatic ties. He also noted that with political trust, the Vietnam-RoK comprehensive strategic partnership will continue to bring prosperity to both countries in the near future.
* King Charles III of the United Kingdom sent a letter of congratulations to President Vo Van Thuong. In his letter, the King extended his warmest congratulations to the President and the people of Vietnam on the occasion of National Day.
* Australian Governor-General David Hurley offered congratulations to President Vo Van Thuong. In the context that the two countries celebrate the 50th founding anniversary of their diplomatic ties this year and the Australian Governor-General paid a successful State visit to Vietnam in April, he expressed his belief that Vietnam – Australia friendship will continue to develop strongly.
* In his congratulatory message to President Vo Van Thuong, President of the Federal Republic of Germany Frank-Walter Steinmeier extended wishes of peace, prosperity and happiness to the President and people of Vietnam.
* Italian President Sergio Mattarella offered congratulations to President Vo Van Thuong and the people of Vietnam on the occasion of the 78th National Day. Recalling the recent State visit to Italy by President Vo Van Thuong, in the context of the two countries celebrating the 50th anniversary of diplomatic ties and the 10th anniversary of their strategic partnership, the Italian President noted that this is a testament to the solidity and cohesion of the friendship between the two countries and believed that the two countries will continue to deepen their cooperation, both in a bilateral and multilateral manner.
* In his congratulatory letter to President Vo Van Thuong, President of the Republic of France Emmanuel Macron noted that 2023 marks a strong development of friendship, trust and intimacy between the two countries, with many events commemorating the 50th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties and the 10th anniversary of strategic partnership between the two countries.
* On behalf of the Royal Family, Government and people of Spain, King Felipe VI sent his best wishes to President Vo Van Thuong and the people of Vietnam on National Day.
* King of the Netherlands Willem-Alexander Claus George Ferdinand sent a congratulatory message to President Vo Van Thuong. Reviewing the relationship between the two countries over the past 50 years, the King of the Netherlands extended his best wishes to the Vietnamese people.
* Governor General of Canada Mary Jeannie May Simon sent a letter of congratulations to President Vo Van Thuong. Speaker of the Senate Raymonde Gagné and Speaker of the House of Commons Anthony Rota also jointly offered congratulations to the Chairman of the National Assembly of Vietnam Vuong Dinh Hue. Canadian leaders said after 50 years since the establishment of the diplomatic ties, the two countries have deepened cooperation in various fields, while appreciating Vietnam's contributions at multilateral forums such as APEC, ASEAN, the UN and the Francophonie. Canadian leaders affirmed that they will continue to cooperate closely with Vietnam on bilateral and multilateral forums.
* President of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela Nicolas Maduro Moros sent a congratulatory letter to President Vo Van Thuong. The Venezuelan leader highly appreciated the achievements that Vietnam has accomplished and affirmed Venezuela's aspiration to continue promoting multifaceted cooperation with Vietnam and strengthen coordination to boost the cooperation between Venezuela and ASEAN.
* On this occasion, Deputy Chairman of the New Azerbaijan Party and head of the central office Tahir Budagov sent a congratulatory letter to the Permanent member of the Secretariat and Head of the Party Central Committee’s Commission for Organisation Truong Thi Mai.
* Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand Don Pramudwinai sent a congratulatory message to the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam Bui Thanh Son. The United States Secretary of State Antony Blinken sent his best congratulations to the people of Vietnam on the 78th National Day, through a statement posted on the website of the US Department of State.
(Source: NDO - nhandan.vn)